I am not going to beat around the bush. This Tiramisu turned out amazing. It’s my husband’s favorite dessert. I can’t say I was ever a fan of tiramisu, but I am an awesome wife. (I tell him that all the time too) I will make him some of his favorite treats every now and then. But for selfish reasons, I made the gluten free version.
Here is are the ingredients we used.
Gluten Free Tiramisu
3 large eggs yolks
3 large egg whites
4 tablespoons of sugar
8 oz container of mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons of rum (I used spiced)
Schar’s gluten free ladyfingers (one box)
1 espresso or cups strong brewed coffee, cooled (I used a concentrated coffee I picked up at Trader Joe’s)
1/4 cup Kahlua (I used two types of coffee liquors. Just toss in what you like and what is on hand)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Soak the Ladyfingers in the coffee/Kahlua mixture. You want the fingers to be saturated but not so much where they disintegrate.
2. Mix together the egg yolks and sugar. Once combined, add the mascapone cheese and the rum.
3. Beat the egg white in separate bowl until stiff and then toss them into the egg/marcsapone mixture and blend.
4. Place one layer of the soaked ladyfingers into a dish. Some of mine broke a bit, but they will work no matter the shape.
5. Add half of the egg/marscapone mixture on top of the lady fingers. Then add the next layer of soaked ladyfingers and repeat with the remaining egg/marscapone.
6. Top with cocoa powder, cover and refrigerate.