This is adapted from a recipe that I found on Betty Crocker (I believe they called them Goodie Bars). By adapted, I mean I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of the brands. The first time I used the Betty Crocker brownie mix and the second time I used one I found at Aldis. They turn out great no matter what you use. So use what you have on hand.
One tip. I lined my pan with Parchment paper so I could pull the brownies out. They are easier to cut when you do this step.
- 1 box Gluten Free brownie mix
- Butter and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 cup vanilla frosting (from 1-lb container)
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- Heat oven to 350°F. Make and bake brownies as directed on box, using butter, eggs and any of the pan choices—except line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only for easier removal. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until melted. Stir in cereal. Spread over frosted brownies. Cool completely before cutting, about 1 hour. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered at room temperature.